Assalamualaikum wrt wbt..

This blog is for anyone , especially mualaf like me who wants to learn more about Islam.I will be posting what I think is beneficial for me and others from various resources..InsyaAllah.( If you would like to share anything, please email me at knelly05@yahoo.com) Thanks!



Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Wishing all the mothers in the world a happy mother's day.... the toughest job in the world and still loving every second of it:)

Happy mother's day to my mom and mom-in-law!

In a famous incident, a man came to the Prophet (SAW) and asked:

"O Messenger of Allah! to whom should I show kindness? He replied: Your mother, next your mother, next your mother, and then comes your father..." (Sunan Abu Dawud)

The Quran also discusses the immense honor and respect due to both parents, and especially to mother:

"And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination." (Luqman 31:14)

1 comment:

MysDear said...

happy mother's day kelly..may Allah bless u always :)